Supporting Independent Living to elderly folk
Home support to elderly
Specialist providers of ‘live-in carers’ to the elderly/disabled/special needs.
Keeping our elderly folk where they belong – in their own home!
Keeping their money where it belongs-in their own pocket! All our carers are fully screened DBS or equivalent, Employers and personal references past and present.
When mum and or dad are beginning to struggle- falls, forgetfulness, and inability to take things in, the only answer is a live in personal assistant. Without being melodramatic the next fall could prove catastrophic. Many never recover and ultimately end up in residential care.
Early intervention is crucial.
However convincing them they are far from capable of looking after themselves is often tough -impossible.
- Undoubtedly the most effective approach to keeping our elderly loved ones out of a residential care home.
- Someone around virtually 24/7 minimises the risk of falls and stumbles.No more loneliness: Our service delivers invaluable 24/7 human interaction and avoids isolation.
- Empowers the individual to regain some of their former hitherto lost social lifestyle, such as: a visit to “the Chippie”, heading to British Legion for a pint, watching the local football team, attending the Towns Women’s Guild, resuming flower arranging classes – or perhaps going on a trip to the seaside. All of this is no longer out of reach with a live-in buddy.
- Frees up relatives from the worry and anxiety about their loved one’s health and wellbeing.
- In our case: affordable. The weekly cost of one of our live in carers/personal assistants won’t be higher than what you would usually spend on a few hours of conventional care each day. (we also have nurses available if you feel this is what you want)
- Minimises the risk of the state seizure of the family home to eventually pay for care. More than 100 elderly a week are having properties seized to pay for care home fees.
- For children: reassurance mum and dad have someone there for them. Unquestionably much better than expensive 15-30 minute hello-goodbyes.
- Enables exhausted spouses caring for their wife/husband to enjoy an element of independence and a social life.
Quote from Mrs. Maureen Tomlins (Warrington) “Well done John, Libby, & Paul on your bold, imaginative, and innovative approach. You have rescued dad’s savings from total oblivion. Carry on the good work!”
Team Home operates solely as an introductory organ and should not be confused with a”full service” home care agency. As such we are unable to deliver any form of care packages, or care planning schedules. What we do instead, is give YOU the freedom to set the care package as, when, and how you please.
Image attribute to Masons News Service
Is this the kind of indulgence we encourage?…Absolutely! To all those ‘we know best’ stuffy bureaucrats out there- get -a life!
Please be aware generally live in care providers even at the highest cost levels rotate the carers. Otherwise the carer will burn out. We do not like this approach indeed our carers are dedicated totally to caring for your loved one/s 1-1. However they must be given some time out. This is something we can discuss during initial consultation.
Image courtesy Timeline