Elderly care at home cost- General terms and conditions
1. We provide F.O.C. an unlimited number carer replacements .However in the case of people with dementia we have a maximum of 3 replacements. (Speak to us about this issue)
2. Introductions are confidential. Please keep this in mind.
3. Whilst the agency makes every possible effort to ensure the suitability and integrity of our helpers/carers we cannot be held responsible for cases of negligence, dishonesty, or unreliability.
4. It remains solely your final decision as to carer suitability or their appointed nominated person.(Note many agencies do not offer this choice) you have to accept whoever they send along.
5. If the client wishes for the helper to take on driving duties then this is the full responsibility of the client. We accepts no responsibility for this whatsoever.
6. We cannot be held responsible should the helper remain for a shorter time than originally intended. We will however, find a replacement as soon as possible and undertake to do so as a commitment.
7. The helper is entitled to a minimum of two weeks’ notice should you wish to terminate their position.
8. The client warrants that:
(A) The information stated in the completed application form is full and correct.
(B) The client will at all times behave in a reasonable and responsible manner towards the helper.
(C) A serious breach of our agreement is where the service user attempts to circumvent us or our partners, by conducting outside negotiations with the carer. In particular, offering to pay them directly, hiring them directly, or any other tactic designed to cheat us is deemed- deception. We will seek maximum penalties and compensation determined in an English court of law.
9. If a helper chooses to leave prior to the fulfillment of an agreed contract, the agency will do its utmost to find a suitable replacement/in as short a time as possible at no extra charge.
10. The agency accepts no responsibility should a replacement not be accepted by the client. When it is necessary to source a replacement the agency will always strive to find a helper who can commit to a similar time period to the initially agreed contract. If this is not possible and a new helper is accepted for a shorter contract period, we will find an additional helper at a later date to fulfill the initial contract period. Once the carer has been engaged or if the job subsequently becomes unavailable due to incapacity/hospitalisation or death of the host two weeks notice applies.
11.When sourcing replacements, the agency can give no guarantee regarding the nationality of the helper, age range, race or creed.
12. We accept no responsibility where the carer feels the need to leave due to the job description (originally offered) being materially altered. For example, the carer comes in to support a wife or husband caring for their spouse suffering from dementia/Parkinsons or similar. The spouse carer subsequently dies thus leaving the carer to deal single-handedly with dementia/ Parkinson’s sufferer. Or the condition of the individual deteriorates and the job becomes unmanageable.The client must advise us of any change in condition.
13. If after arrival the client wishes to cancel they have seven days to do so. However 2 weeks pay in lieu applies.
14. When arriving from mainland Europe within the E.U. a 50% payment of the regular daily pay rate is applied on actual day of travel. This equally applies on day of departure.
15. Billing arrives monthly in arrears. Failure to pay our invoice within 7 days of arrival will incur penalties calculated at 10% of the sum outstanding. Moreover in this case option of payment in arrears will be withdrawn. We always ask you to phone or email us to confirm invoice has been received and payment (BACS) has been made. Failure to do this will result in withdrawal of the service forthwith.
16. We do not supply carers on a trial basis with payments postponed subject to suitability. However, all parties accept that in the beginning both sides are in a ‘trial’ period. Our commitment is to find a replacement in the event one party or the other is not satisfied.
17. We require email acknowledgement you agree to the above terms and conditions.
17. If after supplying 3 carers the job appears unmanageable, (in other words no carer is prepared to take on the role) we reserve the right to withdraw, offering anymore.
18.Self Employed Carers. Word of warning! HMRC rules are that a carer/P.A. is not allowed to remain solely with one client only. If they do, then they lose their self employed status, and you the ‘service use’, could be liable for any unpaid taxes due.
Elderly home care domiciliary T&C remain in force until 31/12/20
We take your privacy seriously. We protect the privacy of all personal information you might provide us with.
By using the site, you agree to our Terms and Conditions.
By providing us with any data, you must be over 13 years of age.
The data controller: Tyler Babbage is responsible for information personal data.
- WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
3.Full name, address telephone number, and age of the client. The health and mobility situation of the proposed and eventual service user. Also likes and dislikes in order to make their life more comfortable.
4. Full name address, email and telephone number of the appointed person who looks after their affairs.(If applicable)
5. We do not sell or use this data, its purely for our file. We do ask for a profile of the person requiring care in order to provide the potential carer with information to decide if the job position suits them or not. Once the position has been taken, we remove this information from our file until requested again temporarily for any replacement carer. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
6. Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us